- Registration for Stickleback 2018 is now open. See you in Kyoto, July 3-7, 2018!
- Asano's eQTL paper was accepted for Evolution! (2016.12.21)
- Makoto's paper on salinity tolerance QTL was accepted for Mol Ecol! (2016.9.8)
- Brian Lohman has joined our lab as a JSPS/NSF summer student! He is staying in our lab for two months. (2016.6.21)
- Taomotaka's paper was accepted for the Journal of Theoretical Biology.（2016.5.30）
- Mark's paper on Japanese ninespine stickleback was accepted for Evol Ecol Res! (2016.3.3)
- Kohta's paper on Lake Towada stickleback genome sequencing was accepted for Ecology and Evolution! (2016.2.10)
- Asano's paper on freshwater tolerance tests of Japan Sea stickleback has been accepted for Evol Ecol Res! (2016.2.1)
- Our paper on the genetic analysis of variation in anal fin processes is accepted for G3! (2015.10.25)
- Lenny Yong from East Carolina University has joined our lab under the support of EASPI-NSF Program. (2015.6.16)
- Our paper on the sex chromosome-autosome fusions in fishes and reptiles have been published on PLOS Genetics. (2015.5.20)
- As of today, Kitano Lab belongs to Department of Population
Genetics of the National Institute of Genetics (not Center for Frontier
- Tetsumi Takahashi becomes a professor of Hyogo Prefectural University (2015.4.1)
- Asano won the Suzuki Award from the Ecological Society of Japan (2015.3.20)
- Asano, I, and Yamahira Lab members have visited Jakarta to obtain research permits, and it was successful. (2014.11.18-25)
- Mark Ravinet's paper was accepted for PLoS One! (2014.11.14).
- Our paper on QTL analysis of medaka fin development was accepted for Molecular Ecology! (2014.9.18)
- Shingo's paper on medaka mating preference has been accepted for Zoological Science! (2014.7.31)
- A review paper by the Tree of Sex has been published in PLOS Biology! (2014.7.1)
- Our paper on stickleback relaxin signalling has been published in Gen Comp Endocrinol. (2014.6.27)
- Our paper on the genomic analysis of the neo-sex chromosome
of the Japan Sea sticklebacks is published in PLOS Genetics.(2014.3.14)
- Mark Ravinet has come back from Sweden and joined our lab again as a JSPS postdoc.(2014.1.8)
- A review article with Asano and Sean was publshed in Ecological Genomics (Springer).(2014.1.4)
- Fumihiro has joined our lab as a research student. (2013.10.1)
- Asano won the best talk prize at the Annual Meeting for the Japan Society for Evolutionary Studies.（2013.9.17）
- Tim Howes from Stanford University visited us for helping injection experiments of stickleback. Thank you!（2013.6.13-6.29）
- Asano's paper on ninespine stickleback speciation has been published in Journal of Evolutionary Biology.（2013.5.14）
- Mark Kirkpatrick and Katie Peichel have visited us. We had a small symposium o sex chromosome evolution at the NIG. (2013.5.7)
- Our paper on stickleback small RNAs have been accepted for BMC Genomics. (2013.3.21)
- Our paper on the divergence in juvenile T4 levels between
stickleback ecotypes have been accepted for the Stickleback Special
Issue of Evol Ecol Res. (2013.2.27)
- Lara's paper on the
Japanese stickleback phylogeography have been accepted for the
Stickleback Special Issue of Evol Ecol Res. (2013.2.27).
- Asano's paper on ninespine stickleback
speciation has been accepted for the Journal of Evolutionary Biology.
- I organized a symposium at the Annual Meeting of Molecular Biology Society of Japan. (2012.12/11)
- I went to the NESCent to attend the third meeting of the Tree of Sex. (2012.10.13-10.19)
- Asano and I visited the Borg Lab in Sweden to learn hormonal manipulation techniques. (2012.10.13-10.19)
- Asano won the best talk award at the Stickleback Conference 2012! (2012.8.3)
- Our review paper was published on line with Open Access (http://www.intechopen.com/articles/show/title/
- Lara Cassidy has joined our lab as a summer student (NIG Intern) ! (Jun.12.2012)
- Our review paper on the variation in stickleback migratory behavior has been published on line (http://www.springerlink.com/content/
- Our female meiotic drive paper is now available on line(http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1558-5646.2012.01681.x/full).
- Our crater lake paper is now available on line (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ece3.234/full). (Apr.28.2012)
- Kohta's paper on the sex chromosome evolution and female meiotic drive has been accepted in Evolution! (Apr.22.2012)
review paper on the variation in thyroid hormone signaling in humans
and animals has been accepted in Thyroid Hormones (online open book)!
- A new member Maiko Kawajiri has joined our lab as a postdoc. She will work on the ecological genomics of medakas. (Apr.1.2012)
was invited to an Okazaki conference on Speciation and Adaptation. All
talks were really great and stimulating! (Mar.19-23.2012)
- A new lab member Mark Ravinet has joined the lab as a JSPS postdoctoral researcher! (Feb.10.2012)
- Our paper on the crater lake sticklebacks has been accepted for Ecology and Evolution! (Feb.14.2012)
paper on sex steroid divergence between closely related species has
been accepted for PLoS One (doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0029253)!
- Students of Fuji High School came to my lab for a lab tour. (Oct.28.2011)
- A new paper was accepted by Journal of Fish Biology. (Oct.15.2011)
- I gave lectures about Ecological Genetics and Genomics at Kyoto University . Thanks for inviting! (Oct.12-13.2011)
and I have organized a symposium titled "Integrating Genomics into
Physiology at the Annual Meeting of the Zoological Society of Japan
(Asahikawa, Hokkaido). Adam, Mark, and Asano - Thanks for giving great
talks. It was a great meeting! (Sep.23.2011)
- Seiichi and I
have organized a symposium on the past and future of stickleback
ethology at the Annual Meeting of the Japan Ethological Society.
Hiroshi, Manabu, and Tomoyuki - thanks for coming over to Keio
University to give excellent talks. (Sep.10.2011)
- I gave a
talk at the Conservation Genomics Symposium at the Annual Meeting of
the American Fisheries Society at Seattle. (Sep.7.2011)
- Students of Nirayama High School came to my lab and did some molecular biology experiments. (Aug.10.2011)
had a great chance to give an invited talk at the SMBE meeting in Kyoto
and obtained many constructive feedbacks from the audience.
- We've got a big news that we are receiving the
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Innovative Areas from the MEXT!
- A review paper was published on line. Kitano
and Peichel (2011). Turnover of sex chromosomes and speciation in
fishes. Env. Biol. Fish. in press. DOI: 10.1007/s10641-011-9853-8
- The site has been opened. (May.23.2011)